Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Intro #5 - Miranda Comely


20 Questions To Get To Know Me...

1)What is your full name? Miranda Maie Comely

2)When is your birthday? September 9th, 1991

3)Where were you born? Winnipeg, Manitoba

4)How many siblings do you have? 5 (2 sisters, 3 brothers)

5)Tell a little about yourself? I'm generally a quiet person, until you get to know me. I have a very kind and sensitive personality. I'm the middle child of 6. I like being outdoors and also enjoy reading and writing. My favourite pet would be a dog. I love spending time with my family and friends and I became a christian when I was in my early teens.

6)What is one strength you have? I have a empathic and caring personality.

7)Favourite bible verse: I have a few but the one right now that has been speaking to me is Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

8)When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? A vet.

9)Who are your favourite authors? Currently... Jodi Picoult and Lurlene McDaniel

10)Favourite high school subjects? English and Home EC

11)If you could go anywhere, where would you go? The Caribbeans and England.

12)How would you define Faith? Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.

13)If you could study anything you wanted in school, what would you want to learn more about? I would probably take a psychology course because the mind fascinates me.

14)If you could have any career what would you do? Work with youth or children.

15)What does it mean to have courage? Courage is persevering even when you are afraid.

16)What made you decide to come to Calgary to the Life Together house? I found out about it through my church and thought it would be a fun experience to start off life after high school. The idea of living in a house with other people sounded like fun, since I wasn't quite ready to move out totally on my own and didn't have any plans on what I wanted to do. When the opportunity came to me I decided to take a chance and so far I'm glad I did.

17)What have you gotten/want to get out of this Life Together experience? I came here not knowing what to expect and I guess one thing I want to get out of this experience is to grow a stronger relationship with God and as a part of a community.

18)Main goal this year? My main goal for this year is to try to find my way through life,what God has planned for me, get accustomed to living on my own and all that it brings and ultimately enjoy this year.

19)What has been one of your struggles living in the Life Together house? I am generally a solitary person but living here has challenged me to step out of my comfort zone which isn't always easy.

20)Where do you see yourself in a few years? Living on my own, going to/finished college. Working in a job I love, and that praises God.

No comments:

Post a Comment