Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Intro #4 - Kim Irwin


My name is Kimberly Irwin and I am from St. Albert, Alberta. I grew up in Grande Prairie, and when I was 14, we ended up moving to St Albert. I have two loving parents, Wes and Cathy, and a younger brother Calvin.
Over the last couple of years I have travelled all over the place! I graduated in 09’, half a semester early, which allowed me to go on an exchange for 3 months in France. After I graduated with my class in June, I worked all summer and then went off to Capernwray Harbour last fall. I really enjoyed my year at Capernwray, and I experienced a major growth in my relationship with God. Having that opportunity to get away, and focus on my relationship with God, has really changed my outlook on life. He is more real to me than he has ever been before in my life, and this is why I am thankful to be living in a supportive home like Life Together. When I was away at bible school, knowing that I would be going to SAIT(Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) in the fall, I was concerned I wouldn’t find a place to live. It was such an answer to prayer when my mom found out about Life together through Thomas’ dad. (My mom and his dad went to bible school together, a long time ago when dinosaurs walked the earth, and remained in contact through Facebook.)
By living in this house, I really wanted to learn to live with others in community and to grow in my relationship with God again. I wanted to make Christian friends, so I would be able to encourage them in their walk, and they would be able to do the same for me. Having a daily devotional together is really helpful when trying to time manage time between school and other social activities. I want to learn to serve God through serving my fellow house mates, and also looking forward to getting involved in a local church. I hope as I continue to grow in my relationship with God, I will become more sensitive to the Holy Spirit, and He will lead me exactly where He wants me to be. I have seen God work in my life before, and I expect great things to happen this year at the house.

Thanks,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment