Saturday, January 23, 2010

Intro #2 - Eric Braun


My name is Eric Braun. Nice to meet you.

I was born in Saskatoon, SK, where I lived for three years, before moving to St. Albert, AB. It was there where I grew up and was basically raised by the Covenant church in Edmonton. Even through many different pastor/youth pastor changes, the core of the church was very solid and definitely shaped me into who I am now. Even without many people my age in the church, I was able to push myself out of my comfort zone and develop friendships outside of where I would normally look, which has absolutely been beneficial when I look back at it. I can definitely thank my parents beyond words for sticking with the church through all that it went through, and keeping me grounded in a solid Christian community. After I graduated high school I attended Covenant Bible College in Strathmore. This year was full of highs and lows, and it's been hard to tell exactly what impact the year at CBC had on my life. I do believe that I could have gained an enormous amount of knowledge and experiences, but I know that I did not always give all of myself into what was going on. Most of the time I lacked focus on the important things and missed out on a lot of opportunities. Looking back, I know I could have made more out of my year, but I still gained a lot and developed many solid relationships. After CBC I had the opportunity to do a worship internship at Lighthouse Covenant Church in Sarnia, Ontario. This year was beneficial in the fact that it stretched me outside of my comfort zone and opened up a lot of opportunities for me to grow (Like learning how to live in someone else's house.... It's tough!) and again I met a lot of great people who had a big impact in my life. After that year I moved home and worked for a year. This year a saw a bit of a lull in my faith, due partly to the fact that I came home to a church that had been through some major change and tension since I had been gone. My family saw a lot of hurt come from this situation, and we had a hard time fitting in to another church family. Just before I made my transition to the Life Together house, my family moved to an acreage near Wetaskiwin, AB, and started attending Malmo Covenant Church, where we felt very much at home.

That brings me here. I decided to be a part of Life Together after being at home for a year, living quite a distance away from my good christian friends. I felt like I had become a bit stagnant in my faith, and needed something that could keep me accountable, while also connecting me with other christians who are in the same part of their lives as I am.

Also, I like the mountains. They're nice. And now they're 45 minutes away.

So, that's a not-so-short story of my life. Hope it didn't bore you too much.

1 comment:

Lucas Michael said...

Eric, you are a scoundrel. I am moving there with you. That's it!

Post a Comment